This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
Why do I need a belt?
Proper back position is critical for preventing injury when weight training, powerlifting, and performing heavy, compound lifts such as the squat, press, and deadlift. During a lift, the spine is held in position by tightening the core muscles to prevent movement. As loads increase, it is increasingly difficult to maintain enough tension to keep the back in position. A proper weight lifting belt allows greater tension by preventing the core muscles from expanding outward when they are contracted for the lift. This allows heavier loads to be lifted safely. The weight belt must not stretch to be effective. This is why fabric belts and belts with padding do not work well.
How do I use my belt?
A weight lifting belt is worn across the belly above the hips and below the ribcage. It should be tightened until slightly uncomfortable. During the lift, tighten your core muscles as normal, but do not try to “push” against the belt. If the belt moves during the lift, it is either too loose or in the wrong place.
How is this belt different from other belts?
Your Dominion Strength Training belt is made from best quality top grain sole bend cow leather. This belt will last a lifetime even with frequent, heavy use. Lower quality belts are typically made from split leather, which can stretch and is much less durable. A low quality belt may initially seem fine but will begin to stretch with the first lift and quickly need replacing. Other high quality belts are typically made to order (taking 6-12 weeks) and are very expensive. The 3 inch 10 mm size is great for both men and women because of the amount of support provided without being too stiff or bulky.
Dominion Strength Training Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
Our belts are virtually indestructible. If you manage to damage one of our belts for any reason, contact us for a hassle-free replacement, no questions asked.
- Our weight lifting belts are designed for heavy powerlifting and weight training of the squat, press, bench press, deadlift, and will stand up to a lifetime of abuse in the gym.
- A 3 inch, 10 mm leather lifting belt is appropriate for men and women because it provides excellent support without being too stiff or bulky. A great addition for all weight training workouts.
- Fully adjustable to last a lifetime. All belts have 11 holes spaced 1 inch apart, providing 10 inches of adjustability. Your weight training belt will always fit even if your waist size changes.
- Designed and fabricated by lifters for lifters. Years of weight training experience have influenced every aspect of the design. Each belt is made by hand right here in the USA!
- NO RISK LIFETIME WARRANTY. We guarantee your leather weight lifting belt will last your entire training career. If it does not, we will repair or replace any defective belt at no cost for life.