The other party is going to date you, not your size. So it hardly matters what your status in the size hierarchy is…’plus size’ stamp be hanged! But surely you can revise the quick and efficient tips when it comes to dating. So you are ready to mingle already, and we understand your impatience and your apprehension, but there are few little somethings you need to bear in mind before you actually go for it…
Plus size dating-online dating: Even if there are more than 80% women who are a little overweight, you might still be wary of the whole dating scenario…talk about drooping confidence levels. Despite all that pep talk many of us are unwilling to go out on a date outright…to solve the problem; smart folks came up with the idea of Online Dating.
But like all things, online dating too has its issues, so watch the presentation and be aware…
We know you want to jump to business, so without further ado…
Here are the Top Plus size dating tips:
- Practise self-acceptance: Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and when you look at yourself, it doesn’t help if you internally cringe at the idea of dating. You would be amazed to find the number of people who like their ladies to be curvy, and be proud about it! So accept yourself for who you are…love comes in all shapes and sizes. Give yourself a chance before you expect others to give you a second chance.
- Don’t assume what others think about you: who cares, it is not like you can make and regulate everyone’s thinking. So don’t even try, those are forbidden grounds. Rather, why not concentrate on how you can feel attracted to yourself…no it is not kinky. Only if love yourself enough to be attracted to yourself can you accept it when others give you genuine compliments. Or you will continue second guessing yourself and not even give the other person a chance!
- Be honest: be it while posting photos of yourself online, or talking to the other person. Don’t pretend to be something you are not, because the other person might not love the pretentious you and you don’t leave any scope for them to know and fall for the REAL you.
- Revise your self-descriptions in a positive way: If you are curvy, be bold and appreciate your curves…because only a chosen few are really blessed with gorgeous curves. Throw your negative self portrayal right out of the door and embrace a more positive attitude towards yourself. Unless YOU feel positively about your image, how can you expect someone else to look beyond the negative image you portray?
- Accept the idea of rejection: but don’t overrate it. Rejection has nothing to do with your plus size status. Even Angelina Jolie can get rejected! And don’t let the prospect of rejection stop you from giving yourself a chance at companionship and love.
- Learn how to accentuate the positive: Get over the so-called negatives and showcase your positive aspects. It can be your curves (no pun intended-they are genuinely gorgeous), your talents, your success…all the positives that make you.
- Dress for dating success: Don’t hold back when you dress up, but moderation is the key. Flaunt your best features and make up for the not so flattering ones. It is all about camouflage! But dress comfortably, that is way more important than dressing up.
- Don’t settle for less: Never underestimate yourself! And never settle for less than what you deserve. You are a marvelous person and don’t you dare settle for anyone and everyone. Choose the person who treats you the way you deserve- like a queen.
Now that you have the hot tips for dating at your fingertips, just go for it girl!!